All 19 art Reviews

Spacerave Spacerave

No formal critique here; I can't even; this piece is just too much bitchin. I absolutely love it.

Betrayal Betrayal

Again, your color usage and compositional skills are this piece's prime assets. However, her foot is not anatomically correct at all--a glaring fault compared to how spot on the rest of her body is--and I feel like the exaggeration of the demon's stride was a slight bit overdone. That 's what my eye sees.

zephyo responds:

yea you're right DD: I must work on my feet. thank you for the critique!!

Lies Lies

Compositionally, you have something very nice. Your color use is obviously deliberate and it strengthens your piece. My only negative critique is your use of scratch texture; on the focal figure's hair you nailed it spot on, but I feel like on the other figures it creates distracting levels of contrast in the details. I did like the placement of the birds, but finally, I feel like the sternum is set too low on the rib cage relative to your figure's chest line.
---overall a very nice piece

zephyo responds:

Ahh thank you :)) I agree, I didn't notice many of those things haha. I will take focus and anatomy into consideration

Bile Bile

Very disturbing and dark; I love it. The look on the lower figure's face ties the bow on this piece for me and the folds on the upper figure's neck are just so surreal and twisted. This is a home run for you.

linda-mota responds:

the folds were a lot of fun to do. thanks. :)

YAWN YAWN

This reads a bit off for me. I look at this piece and feel a scream more so than a yawn. You never fail to present a nice, deliberate paint job, but I feel like this one was an inch off the mark in regards to the message.

linda-mota responds:

inch off? how so? i think it's really cool people get stuff out of this, it was something to pass the time haha :_)

Aborted Twins Aborted Twins

Overall this is a well executed piece. Again, I say that you have some very tight control over your medium here. My only bit of dissatisfaction in the twin on the right's upper torso. It looks overly developed next to the other twin. That's what my eye sees.

linda-mota responds:

i need to find the original pic, ever see like a bruised up dead fetus that looks like it was pumped with the fluids they use to preserve animals for dissecting. probs do another one as this was practice. thanks for the feedback! :)

SO MUCH ON YOUR HEAD SO MUCH ON YOUR HEAD

This is not my preferred medium, but I have to give credit where credit is due; you've done a fantastic piece here. The malformation of his head coupled with the look of overwhelming stress on his face wraps it up nicely for me. The fact that he is naked puts forth a feeling of vulnerability, and I actually pick up a bit of conceit there. Overall, I feel like you executed the color very well. It's clear to me that you weild your medium with a lot of purpose.
Very well done.

linda-mota responds:

acrillycs are a pain to get the hang of, but are so much better than oils and a bit cheaper. thanks for the reveiw man it means a ton :)

A Feast for Nurglings A Feast for Nurglings

Nice. Looks more like epedemius than nurgle though.

Kkylimos responds:

He is Epidemius. Nurgle is their God..

Sunset at PUMPKIN HILL Sunset at PUMPKIN HILL

Ahh pumpkin hill; back when sonic was good...this piece brought back dear memories. Thank you.

ZabuJard responds:

yeah dude. good soundtrack too

fun comic! fun comic!

I usually hate trippy art, but this is phenomenal. 5 from me! What an awesome feeling in this piece

ZabuJard responds:

glad you liked it friend